Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Delighted.


So tonight I read a hodgepodge of things. But what really caught my attention was a Psalm 37:23:

"If the LORD delights in a man's way, he makes his steps firm," (NIV)

I guess I am just so used to hearing people talk about delighting ourselves in the Lord. I have probably heard this verse before, but this really caught my attention, because I have learned that the Lord can delight in MY way...in OUR way. How amazing is that!?!?! It's a two-way relationship, after all, but I just never thought of Jesus delighting in my ways. I know He delights in me...I have been bought with a price of His life...but for Him to delight in my way is beyond my perception! I haven't yet grasped what David means by firm steps here...except that what follows is:

"though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with His hand."

This is pretty amazing to me.

Lord, may what I do put utmost delight in your heart. May what I think, say, and do, be delightful to you. I know I'm not perfect and that I consistently do things that make you unhappy and completely not delighted in me. But, I thank you that I am bought with a price and that I am healed by your precious and sacrificial wounds. Thank you that I am clothed with the righteousness of Christ before your eyes. Thank you for waiting for me, even though I am the one who is supposed to wait on you. And thank you for all of the *wonderful* blessings in my life!!! I love you, Jesus. Draw me closer, even when I don't feel like it Lord. I want to delight in you!!!!

No comments: