Saturday, May 13, 2006

underneath





So...when I was reading the other day I came across a pretty grand metaphor. I've heard that Life in Christ can be like a puzzle where we don't see all of the pieces, or a picture where we can't view the whole thing. But I came across this one and I thought it was applicable, too! It's also kind of like the underneath of a cross stitch piece...all you can see is tight knots and loose ends of the string, but on the other side is a picture or words developing. Through the "ups-and-downs" of the needle, this beautiful creation develops, but the other side isn't viewable. Pretty neat, I guess! Maybe right now all that I can see is loose ends and tight knots...and I know that God can turn any situation into one that glorifies Him, even when we mess up badly. Praise Him for that, because otherwise this would be just really really hard to bear. That puts a smile on my face, along with what God has already done through the situation...Jesus is SO amazing! He is LIVING and ACTIVE and ALIVE.

I saw a church sign on the way home from the lake that caught my interest:
Jesus is the light that never has power outages
Cute when you first read it...but very true. He never loses His power! The Lord's omnipotence is forever! It was a reminder that I needed, because sometimes I just feel like I'm looking only at the loose ends and knots. I might be, but in reality, I can praise God -- in spite of my situation -- for who He is alone. I am really thankful for the patience of others right now, too. Among them my parents, my friends, and you, too. God is patient with us...He has to be to love someone like me! But I thank Him for that and for His everlasting life and love.

Pensively,
Amanda

No comments: